Pumpkin Spice Lattes are upon us, which means the fall festivities are in full swing! There are so many fun activities, festivals, and little towns to visit during the refreshing fall season in DFW, that it’s hard to just pick a few. It’s not strange for our family to visit several pumpkin patches through out the season, as each one tends to offer a variety of fun activities for the kids. So next time you find yourself wanting to go do something fun in this gorgeous weather, pick one (or several) things off this list, go grab your pumpkin spice latte, and
1. Hike through the changing colors at the Arbor Hills Nature Preserve in Plano.
2. Check out the Cottonwood Art Festival in Richardson.
3. Take the annual stroll through Autumn in the Arboretum and capture the obligatory pumpkin shots.
4. Take the kids to a local high school football game and go to a Homecoming parade.
5. Run/walk/ the YMCA Turkey Trot 5k. Doesn’t fall just make you want to run a 5k?
6. Go to the State Fair of Texas! On a weekday of course, weekends are too crowded. Eat fried everything.
7. Lots of trips to my favorite Dallas park!
8. Make a trip out to the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch and enjoy hayrides, bounce houses, and yummy food.
9. Stop by Grapevine Mills on the way home from the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch. Don’t forget to hit up Legoland and the Aquarium in Grapevine Mills. Hours of fun, I tell ya!
10. Go to the circus! Jury’s still out on which one is the best.
11. Check out the Plano Balloon Festival.
12. Go with a group of friends to the Gentle Zoo to enjoy their fall festivities.
13. Take advantage of the great, free events at the Nasher Center downtown. Especially the Target First Saturdays, and Friday concert series.
14. Maybe take the kids for some Halloween fun at Halloween Nights at the Dallas Zoo.
15. Bring some blankets and small chairs to watch a kid-friendly movie on the lawn at the Drive-in Theater in Ennis.
16. Ride bikes or walk with wagons down the GORGEOUS Swiss Avenue.
17. Stroll through White Rock Park, collecting leaves for kids’ art projects.
18. Play in the pumpkin patch and participate in all the farm activities at the Big Orange Pumpkin Farm in Celina.
19. Enjoy a fall festival or Halloween Carnival at a local Church.
20. Make frequent trips to bookstores around town. Don’t bookstores just feel fallish?
21. Drive out to Yesterland Farms out near Canton for their fall festival activities.
22. Speaking of Canton, now that the weather is cooler, shop for some antiques and furniture at Canton Trade Days.
23. Make a day out of the Dallas Farmers Market. Don’t forget to buy some mums at the nursery outside the Farmer’s Market.
24. Pick up a big pumpkin at Calloway’s Nursery fall harvest event and carve it for your door step.
25. Attend a Dallas Moms Blog Moms Night Out event, of course!!!